- Otter Creations Web Services for Writers The Web aspect of Masha Holl, who creates and maintains these pages. Also editing and languages services.
- Russian Folklore Annotated translations of Russian folkltales by Masha Holl, M.A.
- Russian Historical Costume Patterns for Russian historical costumes (from the middle ages) based on costumes for the stage.
- Russian History Trivia Amusing articles on Russian history, focusing on everyday life in medieval Russia. The site is coming back! At long last, the articles are returning with a new, updated look. Everything will be there eventually.
- My shops at CafePress. Art and Russian designs.
- More of my products at Zazzle Contact me for custom items.
Sites for Writers
- Jennifer Crusie One of my favorite writers, always generous with some of the greatest writing advice. Check out her blog, too.
- RWA: Romance Writers of America A great resource for writers. Business contacts, support, networking.
- San Antonio Romance Authors My favorite RWA Chapter. We have great conferences, wonderful contests, and productive workshops. We even keep our long-distance members! Get your SARA gear here!
Research and Other Sites of Interest
- Daily Summary of News of Russia A site designed and maintained by Otter Creations. Content managed and updated by Dr. Bruce Holl, Trinity University, San Antonio, TX.
- Trinity University Consistently voted Best in the West. A nice campus, wonderful teachers, an excellent library.
- The Writer Beware Blog! Don’t fall prey to scams. One of the best sources of warnings for the watchful writer.
- Common Errors in English Improve your Grammar! Or just feel good about your knowledge.
- Behind The Name Just about the only generic name site on the Internet I turn to regularly. Apart from scholarly sites and articles I come across, that is. I recommend Behind the Name to anyone struggling to find a common or even an unusual name for a character. Or just for the fun of it.
- Baby names from the Social Security administration A searchable source — by name, by year, by popularity. Very useful!
- Geographical names from the Getty Museum. A searchable database from a scholarly source.
- A web-based word counter. How often do you repeat yourself? A nifty utility for the inevitable editing rounds.
Filed in Links